We continued this week reading some poems and also the first half of City Eclogue. I am beginning to appreciate poetry a bit more however all my attempts at writing it seem to leave me frustrated. I am having a very hard time getting the correct Iambic Pentameter ?!? My writing just doesnt seem to flow in the way that it should when using that format.
On another note I read a bit of City Eclogue. Well I should probably say I looked over it. Saying that I read City Eclogue would mean that I had in fact understood and interpreted what I was looking at. The poem Seqouia Sempervirens I took more of an interest to as I felt that I had comprehended it more than the others. This also led me to looking up the definition of the title.
Seqouia Sempervirens = The sole living species of the genus Seqouia in the cypress family. Common names are Coast Redwood, California Redwood , and Giant Redwood. ( Credit goes to Wikipedia )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/US_199_Redwood_Highway.jpg/444px-US_199_Redwood_Highway.jpg
Another passage that really spoke to me in City Eclogue was on page 56. " he woke in a fight for his life, in that he went at the alarm clock as if to kill" I couldn't have written a more true statement myself. As almost every morning the sound my alarm clock makes is comparable to the banging of the drums of war. Calling me out of my sleep and into a fierce frenzy that leads to my alarm clocks abuse.
Great, well done...
ReplyDelete